Custom basemaps, and Remote Tuning, are a few internet based services offered by DCwerx to get your ECU calibrated and your car running optimally. I specialize in Speeduino and Megasquirt, but I am comfortable with other brands such as Haltech, Hondata and Honda Tuning Suite etc Email Dwight@dcwerxtuned.com for all tuning inquiries.
Basemaps start at $25 USD
Remote Tunes start at $250 USD for a full tune or $70 USD per hour
- Custom basemaps are available for a wide variety of vehicles including; Mazda Miata, OBD1/OBD2 Honda/Acura, Lexus, Toyota, Nissan and many more running on various ECU platforms. A complete list of parts installed on your car and engine will need to be supplied to ensure basemap accuracy (displacement, fuel injector brand and size, fuel pump, turbo/supercharger used, target boost pressure, fuel octane rating, and anything else that will help).
- A basemap is intended to be used to fire up your car and run to a point where you can check for fuel, oil or other fluid leaks and load it on a trailer or driven very gently to a professional tuner to be fully tuned. Do not attempt to do wide open throttle pulls as fueling and spark maps will more than likely not be optimum and may cause damage to your vehicle. I am not responsible for damage, injury or death to you, your car, or public property as a result of misuse of the basemap.
- Some cars are easier to make basemaps for simply out of familiarity with them. The basemap will be emailed to you after payment has been confirmed. If your basemap has issues or fails to fire up the car, I will make the necessary adjustments and email a new basemap to you so long as the issue is with the basemap.
- Remote tuning in its simplest form involves me logging into your laptop computer which is connected to your vehicle’s ECU from anywhere on this planet. This done using “Any Desk” over a Wi-Fi or hotspot connection. Remote tuning offers the full experience of an in person tune without having to travel hours to get to a tuner.
- The use of this service is very flexible, and so it may be used for dyno tuning, street tuning on closed sections of road, racetrack support, tutoring or troubleshooting. I offer support for a wide variety of engine management systems, so confirm via email that yours is supported.
- In order to be able to remote tune your vehicle quickly and properly, it is expected that your vehicle would be mechanically and electronically sound prior to the start of the tuning. At minimum, the vehicle MUST be fitted with a functional wideband oxygen sensor, however other monitoring gauges such as oil pressure, oil temp, coolant pressure etc, are highly recommended. A solid internet connection is also critical to allowing efficient use of remote tuning time.
- If hourly remote tune option is chosen, 100% deposit is required. Payment must be made in full before commencement of tune session. Tune sessions longer than 1 hour will require a 50% deposit, and that is to be paid prior to commencement of tune session and balance paid before end of session. All “Full” naturally aspirated and forced induction remote tuning packages are allotted a total of 4 and 5 hours respectively. If full allotted time is utilized and you wish to continue, then the hourly rate will be applied. A minimum 24 hours notice is required for remote tune scheduling. If you wish to cancel a remote tune appointment, a minimum of 24 hours notice is required. A late fee of $25 per half hour will be applied to final bill for every half hour past scheduled appointment time, up till the deposit amount is exceeded, at which point the tune appointment is cancelled. All fees will be rounded up to the nearest half hour when applicable. All deposits are non refundable.
- All remote tune inquires will be screened and further details of your vehicles may be requested. Once all details are ironed out and payment is confirmed, the appointment will be scheduled. At this point it will be assumed that the policies outlined above were read and agreed to.